Bhubaneswar Civil Partnership (BMC) experts on Sunday started a course of arranging 28 unidentified bodies from Odisha train mishap, four months after the triple train mishap that guaranteed 297 lives in Odisha’s Balasore locale.
The municipal body gave a standard working technique for experimentally discarding the remaining parts of the 28 individuals whose legitimate petitioners were not found, official said as detailed by PTI
While addressing journalists, BMC City hall leader Sulochana Das told correspondents, “We have given a SOP for the logical removal of the unclaimed assortments of the people who were killed in the triple train mishap. The bodies will be given over to the partnership within the sight of CBI authorities and we are anticipating the incineration on Tuesday.”
BMC started the course of incineration of the unclaimed bodies after the Focal Department of Examination (CBI), which has been testing into the train mishap, kept in touch with the Khurda locale gatherer, mentioning him for the removal of the bodies in a logical way, sources told news organization PTI.
Since the episode happened, the bodies in the AIIMS
Bhubaneswar were kept in somewhere around five profound cooler holders secured from the Paradip Port Trust.
According to the authority, the metro body has additionally chosen to make courses of action for smooth transportation of the bodies from AIIMS to the incineration ground at Satyanagar and Bharatpur in the city.
“AIIMS Bhubaneswar chief will authoritatively surrender the bodies to the BMC wellbeing official observing the current guidelines and rules of the express, the Middle, and the Public Common freedoms Commission for incineration of the bodies,” official said as cited by PTI.
According to the SOP issued by the BMC, the entire process will be video-graphed. The AIIMS Bhubaneswar had received 162 bodies of which 81 were handed over to the family members of the deceased in the first phase. Later, another 53 bodies were given to the family members following DNA tests but the remains of 28 others have been unclaimed, the official added.
Odisha Train Accident
The Odisha train accident, India’s worst in over 20 years, took place near the Bahanaga Bazar station in Balasore district. The accident occurred on 2 June involved three trains: the Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express, Bengaluru-Howrah Superfast Express and a stationary goods train. The accident happened in the evening near Bahanaga Bazar station when Coromandel Express was on its way to Chennai Central station from the Shalimar station near Kolkata. The Coromandel Express crashed into a stationary goods train, derailing most of its coaches. A few coaches of the Coromandel Express whiplashed the last few coaches of the Bengaluru-Howrah Express which was passing by at the same time.
Earlier on 2 September, it was reported that CBI had filed chargesheet against three Railway Officials in the court of Special Judicial Magistrate, Bhubaneswar. The officials were arrested on 7 July, 2023, and are presently in judicial custody in an on-going investigation of the case related to train accident at Bahanaga Bazar Railway Station, Balasore (Odisha).